Re: Available tools for deploying ceph cluster as a backend storage ?

Perhaps openATTIC is also an alternativ to admin Ceph. Actually i prefer ceph-deploy

Am 18. Mai 2017 15:33:52 MESZ schrieb Shambhu Rajak <srajak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Let me explore the code to my needs. Thanks Chris

Regards,

Shambhu

From: Bitskrieg [mailto:bitskrieg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:40 PM
To: Shambhu Rajak; wes_dillingham@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Available tools for deploying ceph cluster as a backend storage ?

Shambhu,

If you're looking for something turnkey/dead-simple, you should be talking to red hat.  Everything out there that is FOSS is either A. Not fully-featured for life cycle management (ceph-deploy) or requires nontrivial amounts of time/expertise/etc. To put together and add whatever extra management features you need (Ansible, salt, etc.).

That said, we did create a relatively simple framework for complete life cycle management of ceph using salt, along with the pieces required for cinder, glance, and nova integration.  Some of the stuff is environment specific, but those pieces are easy enough to pull out and adjust to your needs.  Code is here: https://git.cybbh.space/vta/saltstack.

Chris