Re: Restart ceph cluster

As other's have said, best bet is update conf and then just use injectargs, but if you need to restart a group of OSD's you could script it. Assuming you are using linux, you could do something like.

//If you wanted to restart osd 1-10
for i in (1..10);
do
HOST=`ceph osd find ${i} | jq -r .crush_location.host`
ssh ${HOST} sudo stop ceph-osd id=${i};
sleep 5;
ssh ${HOST} sudo start ceph-osd id=${i};
sleep 10;
done

This isn't something I've ever had to do and others have pointed out the issues with restarting a cluster all at once, but that's how you could do it.   You could also tweak it to pass the OSD's in and probably just make the ssh one command of restart rather than stop/start.