Re: All OSD fails after few requests to RGW

When I created cluster, I made a mistake in configuration, and set split parameter to 32 and merge to 40, so 32*40*16 = 20480 files per folder. After that I changed split to 8, and increased number of pg and pgp from 2048 to 4096 for pool, where problem occurs. While it was backfilling I observed, that placement groups were backfilling from one set of 3 OSD to another set of 3 OSD (replicated size = 3), so I made a conclusion, that PGs are completely recreating while increasing PG and PGP for pool and after this process number of files per directory must be Ok. But when backfilling finished I found many directories in this pool with ~20 000 files. Why Increasing PG num did not helped? Or maybe after this process some files will be deleted with some delay?

I couldn`t find any information about directory split process in logs, also with osd and filestore debug 20. What pattern and in what log I need to grep for finding it?