Re: corrupted rbd filesystems since jewel

Hi Peter,

Am 08.05.2017 um 15:23 schrieb Peter Maloney:
> On 05/08/17 14:50, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Am 08.05.2017 um 14:40 schrieb Jason Dillaman:
>>> You are saying that you had v2 RBD images created against Hammer OSDs
>>> and client libraries where exclusive lock, object map, etc were never
>>> enabled. You then upgraded the OSDs and clients to Jewel and at some
>>> point enabled exclusive lock (and I'd assume object map) on these
>>> images
>> Yes i did:
>> for img in $(rbd -p cephstor5 ls -l | grep -v "@" | awk '{ print $1 }');
>> do rbd -p cephstor5 feature enable $img
>> exclusive-lock,object-map,fast-diff || echo $img; done
> If that's all you did, and not also
>     rbd object-map rebuild $img

sorry we did a rbd object-map rebuild as well in a 2nd run. I just
missed this command. Sorry.

> And in my testing, this randomly doesn't work, often saying the object
> map is invalid after some point (in rbd info output), unless you do
> something... maybe disconnect all clients, then rebuild it, then clients
> can connect again, or just repeat a few times until it stays. I haven't
> tested that well.

no i've not disconnected the clients. I've seen no information that the
clients need to do a reconnect. I also have no idea how to force a
reconnect while running qemu.

Greets,
Stefan