Re: corrupted rbd filesystems since jewel

On 05/08/17 14:50, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
> Hi,
> Am 08.05.2017 um 14:40 schrieb Jason Dillaman:
>> You are saying that you had v2 RBD images created against Hammer OSDs
>> and client libraries where exclusive lock, object map, etc were never
>> enabled. You then upgraded the OSDs and clients to Jewel and at some
>> point enabled exclusive lock (and I'd assume object map) on these
>> images
> Yes i did:
> for img in $(rbd -p cephstor5 ls -l | grep -v "@" | awk '{ print $1 }');
> do rbd -p cephstor5 feature enable $img
> exclusive-lock,object-map,fast-diff || echo $img; done
If that's all you did, and not also
    rbd object-map rebuild $img

Then it won't have a proper object map, which is probably more like
being disabled rather than more bugged.

And in my testing, this randomly doesn't work, often saying the object
map is invalid after some point (in rbd info output), unless you do
something... maybe disconnect all clients, then rebuild it, then clients
can connect again, or just repeat a few times until it stays. I haven't
tested that well.