Re: Sharing SSD journals and SSD drive choice

Hi Adam,

What Greg and Chris are referring to is the SSD write cliff aka write amplification:

- https://flashstorageguy.wordpress.com/tag/write-cliff/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write_amplification

This and the MTBF are the main reasons to choose enterprise grade SSDs over consumer grade SSDs. Especially if your SSDs are used by many (4+) spinning disks, as the write cliff phenomenon will occur earlier.

Regards,

Frédéric.