Re: Ceph memory overhead when used with KVM

Hi Christian,
thanks for your answer.
The highest value I can see for a local storage VM in our infrastructure is a
memory overhead of 39%. This is big, but the majority (>90%) of our local
storage VMs are using less than 10% memory overhead.
For ceph storage based VMs this looks quite different. The highest value I can
see currently is 244% memory overhead. So that specific allocated 3GB memory VM
is using now 10.3 GB RSS memory on the physical host. This is a really huge
value. In general I can see that the majority of the ceph based VMs has more
than 60% memory overhead.

Maybe this is also a bug related to qemu+librbd. It would be just nice to know
if other people are seeing those high values as well.

Cheers
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Nickel
Nine Internet Solutions AG, Albisriederstr. 243a, CH-8047 Zuerich