Re: slow requests and short OSD failures in small cluster

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2017, 13:02 +0200 schrieb mj:

> On 04/18/2017 11:24 AM, Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
> > This might have been true for hammer and older versions of ceph.
> > From
> > what I can tell now, every snapshot taken reduces performance of
> > the
> > entire cluster :(
>
> Really? Can others confirm this? Is this a 'wellknown fact'?
> (unknown only to us, perhaps...)

I have to add some more/new details now. We started removing snapshots
for VMs today. We did this VM for VM and waited some time in between
while monitoring the cluster.

After having removed all snapshots for the third VM the cluster went
back to a 'normal' state again: no more slow requests. i/o waits for
VMs are down to acceptable numbers again (<10% peeks, <5% average).

So, either there is one VM/image that irritates the entire cluster or
we reached some kind of threshold or it's something completely
different.

As for the well known fact: Peter Maloney pointed that out in this
thread (mail from last Thursday).

Regards,
--
J.Hofmüller