Re: radosgw leaking objects

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Luis Periquito <periquito@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Right. The tool isn't removing objects (yet), because we wanted to
>> have more confidence in the tool before having it automatically
>> deleting all the found objects. The process currently is to manually
>> move these objects to a different backup pool (via rados cp, rados
>> rm), then when you're confident that no needed data was lost in the
>> process remove the backup pool. In the future we'll automate that.
>
> My problem exactly. I don't have enough confidence in myself to just
> delete a bunch of random objects... Any idea as to when will be
> available such tool?

Why random? The objects are the ones that the orphan tool pointed at.
And the idea is to move these objects to a safe place before removal,
so that even if the wrong objects are removed, they can be recovered.
There is no current ETA for the tool, but the tool will probably have
the same two steps as reflected here: 1. backup, 2. remove backup.

Yehuda