Re: osd_disk_thread_ioprio_priority help

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Laszlo Budai <laszlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Can someone explain the meaning of osd_disk_thread_ioprio_priority. I'm
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Now I am confused .... :(
>>>
>>> Can somebody bring some light here?
>>

>> Only to confuse you some more. If you are running Jewel or above then
>> scrubbing is now done in the main operation thread and so setting this
>> value
>> will have no effect.
>

> There is the hammer version of ceph.

As the documentation
(http://docs.ceph.com/docs/hammer/rados/configuration/osd-config-ref/)
explains, osd_disk_thread_ioprio_priority is ineffective unless you're
using the CFQ I/O scheduler. Most server I/O stack configurations
(including typical Ceph OSD nodes) run with the deadline scheduler
either by default or by best-practice configuration, so this option
has no effect on such systems.

You can check /sys/block/<device>/queue/scheduler to see which
scheduler your devices are currently using.

Cheers,
Florian