Re: Upgrading 2K OSDs from Hammer to Jewel. Our experience

On 03/11/2017 09:36 PM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hello,

I have had reports that Qemu (librbd connections) will require updates/restarts before upgrading. What was your experience on that side? Did you upgrade the clients? Did you start using any of the new RBD features, like fast diff?

We have two types of clients, 1) Openstack hosts and components like Cinder and 2) clients that use librbd (from Java and C). We combine Ceph and Openstack on the same host, meaning that when we upgraded Ceph for the OSDs, the libraries for Openstack was updated at the same time. The other type of clients where already using the Jewel libraries and binaries for some time. We did not changed anything on the clients, so we are not using the newly introduced features (yet)

What’s your experience with load/performance after the upgrade? Found any new issues that indicate shifted hotspots?

We did not see any difference.

--
With regards,

Richard Arends.