Re: help with crush rule

Thank you for the clarification.
apology for my late reply /maged

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:23 AM
Subject: Re: help with crush rule

I don't think a CRUSH rule exception is currently possible, but it makes sense to me for a feature request.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Maged Mokhtar <mmokhtar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have a need to support a small cluster with 3 hosts and 3 replicas given
that in normal operation each replica will be placed on a separate host
but in case one host dies then its replicas could be stored on separate
osds on the 2 live hosts.

I was hoping to write a rule that in case it could only find 2 replicas on
separated nodes will emit it and do another select/emit to place the
reaming replica. Is this possible ? i could not find a way to define an if
condition or being able to determine the size of the working vector
actually returned.

Cheers /maged

Brian Andrus | Cloud Systems Engineer | DreamHost
brian.andrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.dreamhost.com