RGW pool usage is higher that total bucket size

Hi,

I have a cluster with RGW in which one bucket is really big, so every
so often we delete stuff from it.

That bucket is now taking 3.3T after we deleted just over 1T from it.
That was done last week.

The pool (.rgw.buckets) is using 5.1T, and before the deletion was
taking almost 6T.

How can I delete old data from the pool? Currently the pool is using
1.5T more than the sum of the buckets...

radosgw-admin gc list  --include-all returns a few objects that were
recently deleted (whose time stamp are a couple of hours in the
future).

This cluster was originally Hammer, has since been upgraded to
Infernalis and now running Jewel (10.2.3).

Any ideas on recovering the lost space?

thanks,