Re: cannot commit period: period does not have a master zone of a master zonegroup

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Op 15 december 2016 om 17:10 schreef Orit Wasserman <owasserm@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>>

>> Hi Wido,
>>
>> This looks like you are hitting http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17364
>> The fix is being backported to jewel: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/12315
>>
>> A workaround:
>> save the realm, zonegroup and zones json file
>> make a copy of .rgw.root (the pool contain the multisite config)
>> remove .rgw.root
>> stop the gateway
>> radosgw-admin realm set < json
>> radosgw-admin zonegroup set < json
>> raodsgw-admin zone set < json
>> radosgw-admin period update --commit
>> start the gateway
>>
>> If the realm set will give you problems you can create a new realm
>> and will need to update the realm id in the zonegroup and zones json
>> files before using them
>>

> I eventually ended up doing that indeed. Setting a realm from a backup doesn't work.

I suspect that, can you open an tracker issue?

> So my sequence in commands:
>
> NOTE THE UUID OF THE REALM AND CHANGE IN JSON FILES
>
> nano zm1.json
> nano zonegroup.json
>
> radosgw-admin zonegroup set --rgw-zonegroup gn < zonegroup.json
> radosgw-admin zone set --rgw-zonegroup gn --rgw-zone zm1 < zm1.json
> radosgw-admin zonegroup default --rgw-zonegroup gn
> radosgw-admin zone default --rgw-zone zm1
> radosgw-admin period update
> radosgw-admin period update --commit
>
> This eventually got things working again.

Good

> The only thing I keep seeing everywhere:
>
> root@alpha:~# radosgw-admin period update --commit
> 2016-12-20 16:38:07.958860 7f9571697a00  0 error in read_id for id  : (2) No such file or directory
> 2016-12-20 16:38:07.960035 7f9571697a00  0 error in read_id for id  : (2) No such file or directory

I am guessing this is not an error just a message that should have
higher log level,
can you open an issue?

> Brought me to:
>
> - http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15776
> - https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/8994
>
> Doesn't seem to be backported to 10.2.5 however.

Strange it should be part of jewel , I will look into it.