Re: 10.2.4 Jewel released

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Sage Weil <sweil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Samuel Just <sjust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Actually, Greg and Sage are working up other branches, nvm.
>> > -Sam
>>
>> Ok, I'll hold. If the issue is in the SimpleMessenger, would it be
>> safe to switch to ms type = async as a workaround?
>> I heard that it will become the default in Kraken, but how stable is
>> it in Jewel?
>
> We haven't verified that all the fixes are backported to jewel or tested
> it on jewel, so I wouldn't recommend it.
>
> I have a branch that cherry-picks the fix on top of 10.2.4.  It is
> building now and repos should appear in the next hour or so at
>
>         https://shaman.ceph.com/repos/ceph/wip-msgr-jewel-fix/aa0b6a1618df3c942b1206cd3cfaa99ecb43978e/
>
> You can watch builds here
>
>         https://shaman.ceph.com/builds/ceph/wip-msgr-jewel-fix/aa0b6a1618df3c942b1206cd3cfaa99ecb43978e/
>
> Once the build is done, can you try it out on one machine and confirm that
> it resolves the problem?

Okay, we think we know what's happened; explanation at
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/18184 and first PR at
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/12372

If you haven't already installed the previous branch, please try
wip-msgr-jewel-fix2 instead. That's a cleaner and more precise
solution to the real problem. :)
-Greg