From: ceph-users <ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John Petrini <jpetrini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:09 PM
To: Mike Jacobacci <mikej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Adding second interface to storage network - issue

Yes that should work. Though I'd be weary of increasing the MTU to 9000 as this could introduce other issues. Jumbo Frames don't provide a very significant performance increase so I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a very good reason to make the change. If you do want to go down that path I'd suggest getting LACP configured on all of the nodes before upping the MTU and even then make sure you understand the requirement of a larger MTU size before introducing it on your network.

___

John Petrini

NOC Systems Administrator   //   CoreDial, LLC   //   coredial.com   //   witter   inkedIn   oogle Plus   log
Hillcrest I, 751 Arbor Way, Suite 150, Blue Bell PA, 19422
P: 215.297.4400 x232   //   F: 215.297.4401   //   E: jpetrini@xxxxxxxxxxxx

xceptional people. Proven Processes. Innovative Technology. Discover

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,  dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Thanks that makes sense... So I take it if I use the same IP for the bond, I shouldn't run into the issues I ran into last night?

Cheers,

Mike

For redundancy I would suggest bonding the interfaces using LACP that way both ports are combined under the same interface with the same IP. They will both send and receive traffic and if one link goes down the other continues to work. The ports will need to be configured for LACP on the switch as well.

___