Re: Regarding loss of heartbeats

----- Den 29.nov.2016 15:20 skrev Nick Fisk nick@xxxxxxxxxx:
> [...]

Hi Nick!

> I was getting similar things to you after upgrading to 10.2.3, definitely seeing
> problems where OSD's on the same nodes were marking
> each other out and the cluster was fairly idle. I found that it seemed to being
> caused by Kernel 4.7, nodes in the same cluster that
> were on 4.4 were unaffected. After downgrading all nodes to 4.4, everything has
> been really stable for me.

I'm not sure if this can apply to our setup.  Our upgrade to Jewel didn't include a kernel upgrade as far as I recall (and if it did, it was a minor release).

We're running 3.10.0-327.36.3.el7.x86_64, and follow latest stable kernel provided by CentOS7.  We've added the latest hpsa module as provided by HP to work around a known crash bug in that driver, but nothing special other than that.

The problems started as of Jewel.

--
Trygve