Re: general ceph cluster design

Hi Ben,
thanks for the information as well. It looks like we first will do some latency
tests between our data centers (thanks for the netem hint), before deciding
which topology is best for us. For simple DR scenarios rbd mirroring sounds
like the better solution so far.
We are still fans of the hyperconverged setup (compute + ceph on one node) and
are searching for suitable hardware. I think the resource usage separation
should be doable with CPU pinning and plain old cgroups.

Cheers
Nick