Re: export-diff behavior if an initial snapshot is NOT specified

BTW, I used Hammer 0.94.5 to do the test.

Zhongyan

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Zhongyan Gu <zhongyan.gu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you Jason. My test shows in the following case, image B will be exactly same:
1. clone image A from parent:
#rbd clone 1124-parent@snap1 A

2. create snap for A
#rbd snap create A@snap1

3. create empty image B
#rbd create B -s 1

4. export-diff A then impor-diff B:
#rbd export-diff A@snap1 -|./rbd import-diff - B

5. check A@snap1 equals B@snap1
#rbd export A@snap1 -|md5sum
Exporting image: 100% complete...done.
880709d7352b6c9926beb1d829673366  -
#rbd export B@snap1 -|md5sum
Exporting image: 100% complete...done.
880709d7352b6c9926beb1d829673366  -
output shows A@snap1 equals B@snap1

However, in the following case, image B will not be exactly same:
1. clone image A from parent:
#rbd clone 1124-parent@snap1 A

2. create snap for A
#rbd snap create A@snap1

3. use fio make some change to A

4. create empty image B
#rbd create B -s 1

4. export-diff A then impor-diff B:
#rbd export-diff A@snap1 -|./rbd import-diff - B

5. check A@snap1 equals B@snap1
#rbd export A@snap1 -|md5sum
Exporting image: 100% complete...done.
880709d7352b6c9926beb1d829673366  -
#rbd export B@snap1 -|md5sum
Exporting image: 100% complete...done.
bbf7cf69a84f3978c66f5eb082fb91ec  -
output shows A@snap1 DOES NOT equal B@snap1

The second case can always be reproduced. What is wrong with the second case?

Thanks,
Zhongyan