From: ceph-users [ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Pasha [pasha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:01 PM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Crush Adjustment

Hi guys,

Fairly simple questions for you I'm sure, but never had to do it myself
so thought I'd get your input.

I am running a 5 node cluster with regular spinners and ssd journals at
the moment. Recently I threw in 1TB SSD per node and wanted to create a
pool that is purely the new SSDs. I found a few guides on how to do this
but none of them mention whether the required changes to the crush map
would affect my existing pool/data. If there is a "right" way of doing
this I would much appreciate it. This is a production cluster hence I
can not take any chances that my existing data would be compromised.

Thanks very much!