Re: Uniquely identifying a Ceph client

> Not using qemu in this scenario.  Just rbd map && rbd lock.  It's more
> that I can't match the output from "rbd lock" against the output from
> "rbd status", because they are using different librados instances.
> I'm just trying to capture who has an image mapped and locked, and to
> those not in the know, it would be a surprise that client.<num> and
> client.<num2> are actually the same host. :)

Yeah, the reason is because the lock was acquired by a transient
client (your CLI invocation of 'rbd lock') and not by krbd, so they
are both different clients.

> I understand why it is, I was checking to see if there was another
> field or indicator that I should use instead. I think I'm just going
> to have to use the IP address, because that's the value that will have
> real meaning to people.

Assuming you mapping script is always adding an advisory lock from the
same host it is mapping the image from, I think the IP address is the
best you will be able to do.

--
Jason