Re: After kernel upgrade OSD's on different disk.

On 11/01/16 00:10, jan hugo prins wrote:
> After the kernel upgrade, I also upgraded the cluster to 10.2.3 from
> 10.2.2.
> Let's hope I only hit a bug and that this bug is now fixed, on the other
> hand, I think I also saw the issue with a 10.2.3 node, but I'm not sure.
It's not a bug for disks to change names... you should never expect them
to be static for any Linux system, ceph or not. As Henrik has already
said, this is normal.
> On 10/31/2016 11:41 PM, Henrik Korkuc wrote:
>> this is normal. You should expect that your disks may get reordered
>> after reboot.

>> On 16-10-31 18:32, jan hugo prins wrote:
>>> My idea to fix this is to use the Disk UUID instead of the dev name
>>> (/dev/disk/by-uuid/<uuid> instead of /dev/sda) when activating the disk.
>>> But I really don't know if this is possible.
>>>
>>> Could anyone tell me if I can prevent this issue in the future?
This is what I would do... always use something that doesn't change,
such as the filesystem UUID, GPT partlabel, GPT partuuid, etc.

And I wouldn't use udev the way the others suggested... I think it's
much simpler to use a static name than make it enforce that the normally
dynamic names are static.