Re: Deep scrubbing causes severe I/O stalling

Hi,

On 28-10-16 12:06, wido@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't like this personally. Your cluster should be capable of doing a deep scrub at any moment. If not it will also not be able to handle a node failure during peak times.

Valid point and I totally agree. Unfortunately, the current load doesn't give me much of a choice I'm afraid. Tweaking and extending the cluster hardware (e.g. more and faster spinners) makes more sense but we're not there yet.

Maybe the new parameters help us towards the "always capable" momentum. Let's hope for the best and see what'll happen. ;-) If it works out, I could (and will) remove the time constraints.

  • osd_scrub_sleep .1
You can try to bump that even more.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm unsure about the osd_scrub_sleep parameter behaviour (documentation is scarce). Could you please shed a little light on this?

Cheers,
Kees