Re: Deep scrubbing causes severe I/O stalling

Op 28 okt. 2016 om 11:52 heeft Kees Meijs <kees@xxxxxxxx> het volgende geschreven:

Hi Cephers,

Using Ceph 0.94.9-1trusty we noticed severe I/O stalling during deep scrubbing (vanilla parameters used in regards to scrubbing). I'm aware this has been discussed before, but I'd like to share the parameters we're going to evaluate:

  • osd_scrub_begin_hour 1
  • osd_scrub_end_hour 7

I don't like this personally. Your cluster should be capable of doing a deep scrub at any moment. If not it will also not be able to handle a node failure during peak times.

  • osd_scrub_min_interval 259200
  • osd_scrub_max_interval 1814400
  • osd_scrub_chunk_max 5
  • osd_scrub_sleep .1
You can try to bump that even more.

Wido

  • osd_deep_scrub_interval 1814400
  • osd_deep_scrub_stride 1048576

Anyway, thoughts on the matter or specific parameter advice is more than welcome.

Cheers,
Kees