Re: rgw / s3website, MethodNotAllowed on Jewel 10.2.3

----- Den 27.okt.2016 23:13 skrev Robin H. Johnson robbat2@xxxxxxxxxx:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:43:15AM +0200, Trygve Vea wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to get s3website working on one of our Rados Gateway
>> installations, and I'm having some problems finding out what needs to
>> be done for this to work.  It looks like this is a halfway secret
>> feature, as I can only find it briefly mentioned in the release notes
>> for v10.0.4 - and nowhere in the documentation - so I've tried to wrap
>> my head around this by looking through the source code without much
>> luck.
> Here's the documention I wrote for people to use StaticSites:
> https://gist.github.com/robbat2/ec0a66eed28e5f0e1ef7018e9c77910c

Thank you so much, this nudged me in the right direction.

For my specific problem, I need the two following options flipped on for the rgw instance:

rgw enable static website = true
rgw dns s3website name = mys3service-website.foo.org

The first one makes s3cmd ws-create succeed.  The second one is the domain suffix that will actually behave like a website.

--
Trygve Vea
Redpill Linpro AS