Re: cache tiering deprecated in RHCS 2.0

Hi,

Unofficial answer but I suspect it is probably correct.

Before Jewel (and later hammer releases), cache tiering reduced performance in pretty much all cases. This was either due to bugs,
missing features (proxy write) and/or pre promotion throttling code. To get any use out of it required extremely fine tuning and
hand holding. I suspect that the decision to not include it in the RH release was based on prior experience and that a lot of the
improvements were implemented towards the end of the release cycle. My guess is a combination of it being too hot and past
experience, probably ruled it out.

However, I would say that now if you have the right workload (think zipf style) then it actually works reasonably well and would
hope that it makes its way back into the enterprise release at some point in the future.

Nick