Re: effect of changing ceph osd primary affinity

Thank you for your reply Greg. Is there any detailed resource that describe about how the primary affinity changing works? All I got from searching was one paragraph from the documentation.

Regards,

Ridwan Noel

On Oct 21, 2016 3:15 PM, "Gregory Farnum" <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Ridwan Rashid Noel <ridwan064@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While reading about Ceph osd primary affinity in the documentation of Ceph I
> found that it is mentioned "When the weight is < 1, it is less likely that
> CRUSH will select the Ceph OSD Daemon to act as a primary". My question is
> if the primary affinity of an OSD is set to be <1 will there be any data
> movement happening among this OSD and the other OSDs?

Nope, the purpose of the primary affinity is to redistribute workload
without changing the data distribution. :)