Re: Ceph and TCP States

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 10:56 PM, Nick Fisk <nick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Yeah I think that’s where the problem lies. Most Firewalls tend to silently drop denied packets without sending RST's, so Ceph effectively just thinks that its experiencing packet loss and will never retry until the 15 minute timeout period is up. Am I right in thinking I can't tune down this parameter for a CephFS kernel client as it doesn't use the ceph.conf file?

I think cephfs kernel client doesn't have any timeout behavior. 15mins timeout is triggered by server side I guess. So you can turn down this in server side. Keep in mind that a very low value will cause frequency connection lossy.