答复: Does anyone know why cephfs do not support EC pool?

Hello:

    Thank you very much for your detail answer. I have used iozone to test randwrite, it reported not support in , but  osd not crash.

发件人: huang jun [mailto:hjwsm1989@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 20161018 13:44
收件人: Erick Perez - Quadrian Enterprises
抄送: liuxuan 11625 (RD); ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re: [ceph-users] Does anyone know why cephfs do not support EC pool?

you can look into this:

the community have do a lot works related to ec for rbd and fs interface.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:23 PM, huang jun <hjwsm1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ec only support writefull and append operations, but not partial write,
your can try it by doing random writes, see if the osd crash or not.

> Hello:
>

>   I have create cephfs which data pool type is EC and metadata is replica,
> The cluster reported errors from MDSMonitor::_check_pool function.
>
>  But when I ignore to check the pool type, the cephfs can write and read
> datas. Does anyone know why cephfs do not support EC pool?
>

> ________________________________
>
> liuxuan

本邮件及其附件含有杭州华三通信技术有限公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出

的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、

或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本

邮件!
> This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C,
> which is
> intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
> use of the
> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
> total or partial
> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
> intended
> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
> notify the sender
> by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Thank you!
HuangJun

Is EC in the roadmap for CEPH? Cant seem to find it. My question is because "all others" (Nutanix, Hypergrid) do EC storage for VMs as the default way of storage. It seems EC in ceph (as of Sept 2016) is considered by many "experimental" unless is used for cold data.

--

Erick Perez

Skype chat: eaperezh
WhatsApp IM: +507-6675-5083