Re: fixing zones

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Michael Parson <mparson@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Orit Wasserman wrote:
>>
>> see blow
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Michael Parson <mparson@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
>>> We googled around a bit and found the fix-zone script:
>>>

>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yehudasa/ceph/wip-fix-default-zone/src/fix-zone
>>>
>>> Which ran fine until the last command, which errors out with:
>>>
>>> + radosgw-admin zone default --rgw-zone=default
>>> WARNING: failed to initialize zonegroup
>>>

>> That is a known issue (default zone is a realm propety) it should not
>> effect you because radosgw uses the "default" zone
>> if it doesn't find any zone.
>>
>>> the 'default' rgw-zone seems OK:
>>>
>>> $ sudo radosgw-admin zone get --zone-id=default
>>> {
>>>     "id": "default",
>>>     "name": "default",
>>>     "domain_root": ".rgw_",
>>

>> the underscore doesn't look good here and in the other pools
>> are you sure this are the pools you used before?
>

> The underscores were done by the script referenced above, but you're
> right, I don't see the underscores in my osd pool list:
>
> $ sudo ceph osd pool ls | grep rgw | sort
> default.rgw.buckets.data
> .rgw
> .rgw.buckets
> .rgw.buckets.extra
> .rgw.buckets.index
> .rgw.control
> .rgw.gc
> .rgw.meta
> .rgw.root
> .rgw.root.backup

You need to fix the pools in the zone:
1. get zone json: radosgw-admin zone get --rgw-zone default > default.json
2. shutdown the radosgw (very important)
3. fix pools names in default.json
4. run: radosgw-admin zone set --rgw-zone default < default.zone
5. run: radosgw-admin period update --commit
6. start the radosgw

Orit