Re: fixing zones

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Orit Wasserman wrote:
see blow

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Michael Parson <mparson@xxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

We googled around a bit and found the fix-zone script:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yehudasa/ceph/wip-fix-default-zone/src/fix-zone

Which ran fine until the last command, which errors out with:

+ radosgw-admin zone default --rgw-zone=default
WARNING: failed to initialize zonegroup

That is a known issue (default zone is a realm propety) it should not
effect you because radosgw uses the "default" zone
if it doesn't find any zone.

the 'default' rgw-zone seems OK:

$ sudo radosgw-admin zone get --zone-id=default
{
    "id": "default",
    "name": "default",
    "domain_root": ".rgw_",

the underscore doesn't look good here and in the other pools
are you sure this are the pools you used before?

The underscores were done by the script referenced above, but you're
right, I don't see the underscores in my osd pool list:

$ sudo ceph osd pool ls | grep rgw | sort
default.rgw.buckets.data
.rgw
.rgw.buckets
.rgw.buckets.extra