Re: rgw meta pool

A little extra context here. Currently the metadata pool looks like it is
on track to exceed the number of objects in the data pool, over time. In a
brand new cluster, we¹re already up to almost 2 million in each pool.

    NAME                          ID     USED      %USED     MAX AVAIL
OBJECTS
    default.rgw.buckets.data      17     3092G      0.86          345T
2013585
    default.rgw.meta              25      743M         0          172T
1975937

We¹re concerned this will be unmanageable over time.

Warren Wang

On 9/9/16, 10:54 AM, "ceph-users on behalf of Pavan Rallabhandi"
<ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
PRallabhandi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Any help on this is much appreciated, am considering to fix this, given
>it¹s confirmed an issue unless am missing something obvious.
>
>Thanks,
>-Pavan.
>
>On 9/8/16, 5:04 PM, "ceph-users on behalf of Pavan Rallabhandi"
><ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
>PRallabhandi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>    Trying it one more time on the users list.
>
>    In our clusters running Jewel 10.2.2, I see default.rgw.meta pool
>running into large number of objects, potentially to the same range of
>objects contained in the data pool.
>
>    I understand that the immutable metadata entries are now stored in
>this heap pool, but I couldn¹t reason out why the metadata objects are
>left in this pool even after the actual bucket/object/user deletions.
>
>    The put_entry() promptly seems to be storing the same in the heap
>pool
>https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_metadata.cc#L880,
>but I do not see them to be reaped ever. Are they left there for some
>reason?
>
>    Thanks,
>    -Pavan.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential ***