De: "Simon Leinen" <simon.leinen@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Samedi 3 Septembre 2016 19:37:50
Objet:  virtio-blk multi-queue support and RBD devices?

One of the new features in Qemu 2.7[1] is

* virtio-blk now supports multiqueue through a "num-queues" device
property.

We use virtio-blk in our OpenStack cluster to expose RBD volumes to
Qemu/KVM VMs. Can RBD-backed virtio-blk benefit from multiple queues?

(I'm hopeful because virtio-scsi had multi-queue support for a while,
and someone reported increased IOPS even with RBD devices behind those.)
--
Simon.

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.7