rgw meta pool

Trying it one more time on the users list.

In our clusters running Jewel 10.2.2, I see default.rgw.meta pool running into large number of objects, potentially to the same range of objects contained in the data pool.

I understand that the immutable metadata entries are now stored in this heap pool, but I couldn’t reason out why the metadata objects are left in this pool even after the actual bucket/object/user deletions.

The put_entry() promptly seems to be storing the same in the heap pool https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/rgw/rgw_metadata.cc#L880, but I do not see them to be reaped ever. Are they left there for some reason?

Thanks,
-Pavan.