Re: Single Threaded performance for Ceph MDS

The E3 v5's can address 64GB memory now, not sure if that's enough. I think the turbo will probably get you nearer 4Ghz if it's all
single threaded. They make awesome OSD nodes btw.

> > The "Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz" however would also be a good candidate. It can address up to 1.5TB of DDR4 memory. The 6-
> cores should also be sufficient.
> >
> > Is this a good assumption to make?
> >
> > - E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz
> > - 256GB of memory
> > - Disable all CPU powersaving (c-state to 0)

I think the kernel sets the max c-state to 1 even if you set it to 0 to stop the CPU burning itself up. Also you probably want to
pin the frequency at the max as well.