Re: latest ceph build questions

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Dzianis Kahanovich <mahatma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Related to fresh ceph build troubles, main question:
> Are cmake now preferred? Or legacy gnu make still supported too?

No, autotools files are about to be removed from the master branch.
Older releases will continue to be built with autotools.

> Previously ceph don't want to build without rgw (seen ticket). But current
> git/jewel also don't build without ldap. And with ldap - LIBS="-lldap" required
> manually.
>
> If you say cmake is preferred by developers (and can solve some of this) - I
> will try rework Gentoo ebuild to it (my own and will report into Gentoo bugzilla).

Not just preferred, but the only build system going forward.  See
recent threads on ceph-devel and do report any issues or gaps in the
cmake-related documentation to the list.

Thanks,

                Ilya