Re: Testing Ceph cluster for future deployment.

Hi everyone,
> - In S3 radosgw-admin I see an error:
>
> [root@blsceph01-1 ~]# radosgw-admin user info --uid=testuser
> 2016-08-15 12:04:33.290367 7f7bea1f09c0  0 RGWZoneParams::create():
> error creating default zone params: (17) File exists
>
> I have found some reference to this error online but this was related to
> some upgrade issue (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15597).
> My install is a fresh install of 10.2.2. I think someone else also
> mentioned he saw this error, but I can't find a sollution so far.

This error is the result of a missing default realm in a clean Ceph
RadosGW installation.
Creating a default realm and correctly fixing the tree from default
realm to default zonegroup to default zone fixes not only this error but
also a lot more problem that I see questions about in the mailinglist
and on IRC.

The following threads are examples of this:

- RGW multisite - second cluster woes
- Fresh Jewel install with RDS missing default REALM (my own thread)

The problem below is also fixed after correctly configuring a default
realm to start with.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

Jan Hugo Prins
Infra and Isilon storage consultant

Better.be B.V.
Auke Vleerstraat 140 E | 7547 AN Enschede | KvK 08097527
T +31 (0) 53 48 00 694 | M +31 (0)6 26 358 951
jprins@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.betterbe.com

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not
be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than
the addressee(s). Better.be B.V. rules out any and every liability
resulting from any electronic transmission.