radosgw-agent not syncing data as expected

Hi all, I'm having an issue with RGW federation and would really appreciate
some help.

I have two ceph clusters each fronted with their own Rados Gateway. Each
RGW is configured as being in zone1 and zone2 respectively and both within
the default region "default". I have configured zone1 to use rgw pools
created prior to configuring zones (with the exception of the zone root
pool) and zone2 has a whole set of .z2.* pools to itself. When I run the
radosgw-agent from zone1 (master) in order to sync with zone2, it runs
successfully and says that is has done a metadata and data sync yet it does
not appear to have actually done a data sync at all. All my env info and
output is here - http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/23049564/

I am expecting to see the data/objects in .rgw.buckets from z1 synced to
.z2.rgw.buckets in z2 yet the latter remains empty.

This is using Ceph 0.94.7 and radosgw-agent v1.1 on Ubuntu Trusty.

Any ideas?