Include mon restart in logrotate?

Hi list,

we have a working cluster based on Hammer with 4 nodes, 19 OSDs and 3 MONs.
Now after a couple of weeks we noticed that we're running out of disk space on one of the nodes in /var. Similar to [1] there are two large LOG files in /var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-d/store.db/ and I already figured they are managed when the respective MON is restarted. But the MONs are not restarted regularly so the log files can grow for months and fill up the file system.

I was thinking about adding another file in /etc/logrotate.d/ and trigger a monitor restart once a week. But I'm not sure if it's recommended to restart all MONs at the same time, which could happen if someone started logrotate manually. So my question is, how do you guys manage that and how is it supposed to be handled? I'd really appreciate any insights!

Regards,
Eugen

[1] http://ceph-users.ceph.narkive.com/PBL3kuhq/large-log-like-files-on-monitor

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77

        Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
          Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                  Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                   USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983