Re: Automount Failovered Multi MDS CephFS

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Lazuardi Nasution
<mrxlazuardin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> If I have multi MON, should I put all MON IPs on /etc/fstab?

Yes, you put all your mons in your /etc/fstab entry.

> Is there any
> way to overcome MDS metadata bottleneck when only single MDS active?

Nope, you're going to have to wait for a future release that has
stable multi-MDS.

> In case on loadbalanced file/web servers, which one is better, each server
> mount to other replicated/distributed FS (for example via GlusterFS) on top
> of CephFS (different directory) or just directly mounts the same directory
> of CephFS?

You *definitely* don't want to layer another distributed filesystem on
top of cephfs.  If you're going to use CephFS, you mount it directly
on the client nodes where you want to use it.

John