Re: blind buckets

Thanks for the help guys.  Just an FYI, we had to restart the RGW nodes before the configuration changes were respected, but we were able to change the default placement target, and new buckets were indexless.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Tyler Bischel
<tyler.bischel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I not update an existing placement target's index_type?  I had tried to
> update the default pool's index type:
>
> radosgw-admin zone get --rgw-zone=default > default-zone.json
>
> #replace index_type:0 to index_type:1 in the default zone file, under the
> default-placement entry of the placement_pools
>
> radosgw-admin zone set --rgw-zone=default --infile default-zone.json
>
> However, it seems like I can still access bucket lists of objects after
> additional objects added, which makes me think this setting isn't being
> respected in the way I thought it would.

It only affects newly created buckets.

Yehuda