Re: Ceph + VMware + Single Thread Performance

I've had a lot of pain with this, smaller block sizes are even worse. You want to try and minimize latency at every point as there
is no buffering happening in the iSCSI stack. This means:-

1. Fast journals (NVME or NVRAM)
2. 10GB or better networking
3. Fast CPU's (Ghz)
4. Fix CPU c-state's to C1
5. Fix CPU's Freq to max

Also I can't be sure, but I think there is a metadata update happening with VMFS, particularly if you are using thin VMDK's, this
can also be a major bottleneck. For my use case, I've switched over to NFS as it has given much more performance at scale and less
headache.

For the RADOS Run, here you go (400GB P3700):

Total time run:         60.026491
Total writes made:      3104
Write size:             4194304
Object size:            4194304