Ceph + VMware + Single Thread Performance

Hi everyone,

we see at our cluster relatively slow Single Thread Performance on the iscsi Nodes.

Our setup:

3 Racks:

18x Data Nodes, 3 Mon Nodes, 3 iscsi Gateway Nodes with tgt (rbd cache off).

2x Samsung SM863 Enterprise SSD for Journal (3 OSD per SSD) and 6x WD Red 1TB per Data Node as OSD.

Replication = 3

chooseleaf = 3 type Rack in the crush map

We get only ca. 90 MByte/s on the iscsi Gateway Servers with:

rados bench -p rbd 60 write -b 4M -t 1

If we test with:

rados bench -p rbd 60 write -b 4M -t 32

we get ca. 600 - 700 MByte/s

We plan to replace the Samsung SSD with Intel DC P3700 PCIe NVM'e for the Journal to get better Single Thread Performance.

Is anyone of you out there who has an Intel P3700 for Journal an can give me back test results with:

rados bench -p rbd 60 write -b 4M -t 1

Thank you very much !!

Kind Regards !!