Re: How to hide monitoring ip in cephfs mounted clients

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:33 AM, gjprabu <gjprabu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
>            We are using chepfs file systems to mount client machines, here
> while mount we should provide monitoring ip address, is there any option to
> hide monitoring ips address in the mounted partition. We are using container
> in all ceph clients and which all able see monitoring ip's, this could be a
> security issue for us. Kindly let us know is there any solution on this.

Hmm, so you have a situation where the containers are prevented from
actually communicating with the monitor IPs, but the cephfs mounts are
exposed to the containers in a way that lets them see them when they
run `mount`?

I don't think we've thought about this case before.  Is it normal that
when you have e.g. a docker container with a volume attached, the
container can see the mount information for the filesystem that the
volume lives on?

John