Re: Physical maintainance

> Op 13 juli 2016 om 14:31 schreef Kees Meijs <kees@xxxxxxxx>:
>

> Hi Cephers,
>
> There's some physical maintainance I need to perform on an OSD node.
> Very likely the maintainance is going to take a while since it involves
> replacing components, so I would like to be well prepared.
>
> Unfortunately it is no option to add another OSD node or rebalance at
> this time, so I'm planning to operate in degraded state during the
> maintainance.
>
> If at all possible, I would to shut down the OSD node cleanly and
> prevent slow (or even blocking) requests on Ceph clients.
>
> Just setting the noout flag and shutting down the OSDs on the given node
> is not enough as it seems. In fact clients do not act that well in this
> case. Connections time out and for a while I/O seems to stall.

noout doesn't do anything with the clients, it just tells the cluster not to mark any OSD as out after they go down.

If you want to do this slowly, take the OSDs down one by one and wait for the PGs to become active+X again.

When you start, do the same again, start them one by one.

You will always have a short moment where the PGs are inactive.