Re: ceph + vmware

On 07/08/2016 02:22 PM, Oliver Dzombic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have experience how to connect vmware with ceph smart ?
>
> iSCSI multipath does not really worked well.

Are you trying to export rbd images from multiple iscsi targets at the
same time or just one target?

For the HA/multiple target setup, I am working on this for Red Hat. We
plan to release it in RHEL 7.3/RHCS 2.1. SUSE ships something already as
someone mentioned.

We just got a large chunk of code in the upstream kernel (it is in the
block layer maintainer's tree for the next kernel) so it should be
simple to add COMPARE_AND_WRITE support now. We should be posting krbd
exclusive lock support in the next couple weeks.