Re: Filestore merge and split

I believe splitting will happen on writes, merging I think only happens on deletions.

From: Paul Renner [mailto:rennerp78@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 July 2016 19:40
To: nick@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Filestore merge and split

Thanks...

Do you know when splitting or merging will happen? Is it enough that a directory is read, eg. through scrub? If possible I would like to initiate the process

Regards

Paul

You need to set the option in the ceph.conf and restart the OSD I think. But it will only take effect when splitting or merging in the future, it won't adjust the current folder layout.