Re: Expected behavior of blacklisted host and cephfs

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Mauricio Garavaglia
<mauriciogaravaglia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What's the expected behavior of a host that has a cephfs mounted and is then
> blacklisted? It doesn't seem to fail in a consistent way. Thanks

Well, once blacklisted it won't be allowed to make updates to the OSDs
or MDS. Depending on whether you blacklisted a specific client
instance or a whole IP, then remounting will let you talk again.

You *should* get back errors once that blacklisting happens, but we've
run into some bugs[1] in the kernel client recently when it gets
disconnected so requests might just hang. :/
-Greg
[1]: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16186 and
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15255 discuss