Re: which CentOS 7 kernel is compatible with jewel?

Alternatively, if you are using RBD format 2 images, you can run
"rados -p <your rbd pool> listomapvals rbd_directory" to ensure it has
a bunch of key/value pairs for your images.  There was an issue noted
[1] after upgrading to Jewel where the omap values were all missing on
several v2 RBD image headers -- resulting in a failure to open the
images. Perhaps it's possible that you are seeing this same problem,
but on rbd_directory instead of an individual image.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16211

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Michael Kuriger <mk7193@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I’ve been running jewel for a while now, with tunables set to hammer.  However, I want to test the new features but cannot find a fully compatible Kernel for CentOS 7.  I’ve tried a few of the elrepo kernels - elrepo-kernel 4.6 works perfectly in CentOS 6, but not CentOS 7.  I’ve tried 3.10, 4.3, 4.5, and 4.6.
>>
>> What does seem to work with the 4.6 kernel is mounting, read/write to a cephfs, and rbd map / mounting works also.  I just can’t do 'rbd ls'
>>
>> 'rbd ls' does not work with 4.6 kernel but it does work with the stock 3.10 kernel.
>
> "rbd ls" operation doesn't depend on the kernel.  What do you mean by
> "can't do" - no output at all?
>
> Something similar was reported here [1].  What's the output of "rados
> -p <your rbd pool> stat rbd_directory"?
>
>> 'rbd mount' does not work with the stock 3.10 kernel, but works with the 4.6 kernel.
>
> Anything in dmesg on 3.10?
>
> [1] https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg29515.html
>
> Thanks,
>
>                 Ilya