Re: RDMA/Infiniband status

On 09/06/16 17:01, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Il 09 giu 2016 15:41, "Adam Tygart" <mozes@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:mozes@xxxxxxx>> ha scritto:
>>
>> If you're
>> using pure DDR, you may need to tune the broadcast group in your
>> subnet manager to set the speed to DDR.
>
> Do you know how to set this with opensm?
> I would like to bring up my test cluster again next days

IB partitions and their IPoIB flags are defined in
/etc/opensm/partitions.conf.

See
http://git.openfabrics.org/?p=~halr/opensm.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/partition-config.txt;hb=HEAD

Note that the rate only applies to multicast or broadcast traffic. You
should consider increasing the rate if, for example, you know you only
have QDR or FDR hosts on the fabric.

Unicast traffic flows will run at the maximum speed supported by both peers.

If using IPoIB CM (Connected Mode), you will most likely have an MTU of
65520 on your interfaces. Since multicast cannot use CM, if you try to
send multicast packets larger than the partition's mcast mtu (2044 by
default), they will be dropped.

For simplicity, I would recommend using ipv6 addressing on your IPoIB,
as it maps much more sanely to IB GIDs / MGIDs.